Dabbling in the field of trading with diamond jewelry can be intimidating. It takes a certain degree of know-how, especially if you’re a first-timer. There are many ways of selling your diamond bracelets.
Do you prefer the online method or the personal touch?
To get started we’ll explore the following:
- Easy ways to sell diamond jewelry
- What to do if you don’t have adequate information on the jewelry
- Determining the value of the stones
- The available avenues to sell your diamond bracelets
Easy Ways to Sell Diamond Jewelry
Before you start anything it’s important to first check what kind of diamond bracelet you have. Collect as much information as possible on the piece before transacting. The accreditation papers you’ve received upon purchase should also be scanned.
This will assist you to barter your stones as a potential buyer more accurately and comprehensively. After you’ve done your research you can now:
- Step 1 – Enter your details in the options box below this article.
- Step 2 – One of our gemologists will get back to you to schedule a free consultation in our Singapore office at Chinatown.
- Step 3 – If we decide to purchase the item our gemologist will give you an offer that you can then decide to accept or decline.
What to do if you don’t have adequate information on the jewelry
It can happen that your diamond bracelet was given to you without the accreditation papers or perhaps you’ve simply lost it. Whatever the case might be feel free to contact us, and we will try our best to help. The jeweler can give you a verbal appraisal of the stones at no charge. Written assessments attract a fee.
The basic information you need to glean during this engagement is:
- The weight of the carat
- The exact shade of the stone
- The lucidity of the diamond
If you manage to obtain this information you’re ready to book a consultation with us.
Determining the Value of the Stones
The following factors will contribute to the value of your stones:
- Amount of diamonds: The sum of diamonds set in your bracelet matters.
- The composition: How the jewelry is arranged including any valuable metals. Aspects such as the mass of the carat, clarity, and color will also contribute to it’s worth. If your bracelet has a singular diamond only, that one stone will be assessed.
- Its history: Where your jewelry comes from and who made it is important. There should also be a demand for this type of jewelry in today’s market for it to fetch a high price. Remember diamond jewelry comes in many designs and proportions. This makes it difficult to assign a universal value to it.
The Available Avenues to Sell Your Diamond Bracelets:
- Clinch a deal with your jeweler: A jeweler is a good option because they have the exposure and knowledge to sell your diamond bracelet. The downside is the consignment service comes at a heavy fee and getting it sold can take a while.
- Participate in auctions: There are two ways of auctioning your diamond jewelry. Each method has its pros and cons. You can auction it online and there are many credible auction sites available. The drawback of this method is that it might not sell or fetch the best price. Most users of these sites aren’t diamond experts and are simply looking for a bargain. Another option is a professional diamond auctioneer.They have the expertise but auctions aren’t scheduled frequently and a fee is payable if you opt for either of these methods.
- Negotiate a good price at the pawnshop:If you’re cash strapped and need an instant cash injection then this could work. Arm yourself with full knowledge of the jewelry so you can negotiate a better price. The trouble with pawning your jewelry is the excessive interest you’ll pay when you want to redeem it again.
- Trade with diamond experts: This method puts you in touch with professionals in the diamond market. They have extensive knowledge and experience when it comes to retailing your stones. Diamond experts are also able to accurately appraise the jewelry which can lead to a higher selling price.There are no concealed fees included when you transact with professional buyers and no commission is earned for the service. These buyers are GIA certified and qualified to negotiate the best rate for your stones. This is also one of the fastest ways of selling your diamond bracelets. It’s safe and easy to do. Simply fill the form below, and our gemologist will contact you back.